- If you usually take blood thinning medication (eg aspirin, warfarin Plavix, Iscover, Eliquis, Xarelto), please contact our office as you may need to stop these up to 7 days prior to your surgery.
- If you suffer from diabetes or high blood pressure, make sure you have been advised whether or not to take your medications on the day of surgery.
- If you are being admitted to a private hospital, ensure you have completed your online admission forms.
- Inform us if you are taking any herbal medications or supplements (eg fish oil)
- Make sure you have done any preoperative tests that Dr Patel has requested (eg blood or urine tests, ECG, Xrays or scans).
- Bring any relevant scans, ultrasounds and X-rays to hospital on the day of your surgery.
- The hospital should advise you of your fasting time and admission time. As a general guide, you should not eat or drink from 6 hours prior to surgery.
Remember, if you are unsure of any details regarding your appointment or your admission to hospital, please call our office without delay, so we can assist you with your queries.